“India Business Law Journal” as one of India’s top lawyers and a member of the prestigious A-List for 2022-23.
Nitin is having more than 16 years of experience in the legal industry contributing to create strategies for legal and regulatory issues for business growth. Nitin has held various senior management positions in India market listed logistics, automobile, chemical and nutraceuticals organizations. He boasts of being a unique blend of in-house and external legal counsel making him a formidable force in the legal landscape.
Experience and Expertise
Nitin’s forte lies in commercial disputes resolution strategy, compliance, regulatory and institutional risk management. His range of experience inter alia includes cross border disputes resolution, and litigation, insolvency restructuring, business regulatory advisory in legal metrology, FSSAI, and essential commodities laws, amongst others. Nitin has represented clients across forums like the Supreme Court of India (SC), various state High Courts and Tribunals, National Company Law Tribunal, Debt Recovery Tribunals, Securities Appellate Tribunal and other sectoral regulators. His extensive background equips him with a deep understanding of the intricacies faced by clients and their expectations from legal professionals.
Nitin is not only adept at identifying challenges faced by businesses but also excels in devising solutions. He provides invaluable pre-dispute advisory services for dispute avoidance and management. Moreover, Nitin plays a key role in streamlining client practices, and consolidating and managing client litigations (domestic and international).
International Commercial Arbitration
Nitin is a leading expert in international commercial arbitration with almost 2 decades of experience. He has been recognized by Forbes Legal Powerlist and Asian Legal Business as a top lawyer and a thought leader in the legal field.
Nitin is a legal powerhouse with a wide range of services for international commercial arbitration, including:
- Advising on arbitration clauses in commercial contracts.
- Representing clients in all forms of international commercial arbitration proceedings.
- Advising on the enforcement of arbitration awards in India and abroad.
- Advising on the interplay between domestic and international arbitration law.
- Providing strategic advice on how to manage and resolve international commercial disputes through arbitration.
Nitin is skilled in dispute avoidance and prevention, assisting clients in drafting effective arbitration clauses, choosing suitable arbitral seats and laws, enforcing or challenging arbitral awards and foreign judgments, and selecting or appointing arbitrators.
He takes a dynamic approach and innovative solutions when it comes to negotiating, being known to settle disputes in a win-win manner.
Recognition and Achievements
- India’s Super 50 Lawyer by Asian Legal Business, 2023
- 100 Top Lawyer A-List by India Business Law Journal 2022-23
- Leading Lawyer in Top 100 Lawyers by Forbes Legal Powerlist 2022
- Rising Star by Legal Era, 2021
- Future legal Leader by Indian Business Law Journal in 2020
- 40 Under 40 Rising Stars by Legal Era, 2017
- Star Legal Team Award at TATA Chemicals Limited, 2017
- Exceptional Contribution by Mahindra Logistics Limited, 2012
Thought Leadership (Author and Speaker)
- Panel Speaker on Commercial Litigation & Disputes: Current Trends, Developments organized by Achromic Point, 2023
- Koffee Conversation: A Look into the Future, 2023
- Conducted Digital Training on Contracts Drafting, Negotiation, Contractual Fraud and Dispute Resolution, Achromic Point, 2023
- Panel Speaker on Commercial Litigation & Disputes: Current Trends, Developments and Strategies organized by Achromic Point, 2022
- Recognized as a Mondaq Thought Leading Author for Intellectual Property, India 2022
- Panel Speaker on Knowledge Series in association with SBI CRM on Challenges in Adhering to Timelines under IBC by Resurgent India Limited
- Panelist at 4th Annual Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Conference and Awards by Achromic Point, 2022
- Panel speaker on “Mindfulness in International Commercial Contracting organized by Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SICCI), 2021
- Panelist at Leadership Round Table – CEO Conclave, Decoding the Leaders Mindset and the Future of Leadership by Amity University Mumbai 2021
- Speaker on Succession Planning organized by 10 Crore Club 2021
- Conducted workshop on Changing Trends- Drafting commercial contracts and handling dispute – Digital Era” organized by Exalt Communication
- Conducted Master Class on Contract – Drafting, Negotiation & Arbitration Workshop 2018 organized by CST Nucleus
- Authored “The ever-evolving role of the New Age Lawyer” and “Compliance & Ethics – A Journey & Not Destination,” published in 2016 and 2017 editions by Enchiridion Publication
Nitin completed his B.L.S, LL.B from the Government Law College in 2007 and obtained his LL.M from the University of Mumbai in 2009 specializing in Business Laws. He holds postgraduate diplomas in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Securities Laws, along with a diploma in Cyber Laws.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.
- Bombay Bar Association.
- BNI, Mumbai, India.
- Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI).
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- India Business Group (IBG).
- Institute of Director (IOD).