Post implementation of GST in India, the logistics sector has grown in leaps and bounds and towards becoming more organized. Various e-commerce companies, manufacturing and IT companies have further given boost to logistics sector by outsourcing various activities to achieve end results in the most cost-effective manner with better focused supply chain management methodology.
Team Agama has extensive in-house and practical experience in dealing with key nuances of logistics Industry and have been advisors to several of the biggest onshore and offshore 3PL logistics, freight forwarding, shipping, e-commerce and logistics tech companies.
Commercial Contracts and Corporate Advisory
Agama is uniquely positioned to act as an advisor to large listed enterprises and small businesses in the logistics space, managing contractual requirements of several business vertical as an extended legal arm. Agama has received feedback in the past that our team has been instrumental in reducing negotiation timelines and providing just-in-time responses for all contractual needs of this entity.
Agama is a standing advisor to a large logistics company having pan-India operations on various statutory, contractual and M&A matters. Agama has also conducted due diligence for acquisition interests of the client in a resourceful and practical manner.
Some of Agama’s key services in this sector include:
- Standardizing and finalizing templates of key business contracts.
- assistance with warehousing footprint expansion on a pan-India basis.
- end-to-end commercial documentation, website related as well as business related documentation.
- IP related documentation (including white labelling of software).
- key shareholders agreements as advisory to founders of start ups in this phase.
- commercial contracts, online contracts, vendor contracts, back-to-back arrangements with transporters, reviewing and negotiation of client contracts, pre-dispute advisory, employment policies and labour contracts on a pan-India basis.
- developing strategies for business, documenting its digital policies, online terms, e-contracts, labour and employment set up as well as statutory advisory.
- cold storage warehousing and transportation transactions and documentation in joint ventures, development of warehouse, real estate transactions, advisory in relation to subsidies and critical litigation advisory.
Agama has developed niche knowledge and expertise in assisting e-commerce logistics companies whether such companies are marketplaces or whether such companies are engaged in providing pure technology services to logistics companies.
As a pre-dispute advisory and litigation outfit, Agama team uses its unique knowledge to assist all businesses in this sphere with their dispute resolution requirements:
- representing and advising multinational and local logistics companies with respect to litigations filed / claims made against them before the NCLT,
- recovery of amounts due from a client under insolvency by representations before the Insolvency Resolution Professional.
- assistance in consolidating and managing litigation all over India as well as resolving labour law issues and other similar statutory issues in clients’ various warehouses and locations in India
- contesting and defending key litigation on manpower, defending writ petitions, providing opinions and advisory on operations.
- pre-dispute advisory to logistics clients on various laws including advisory on insolvency laws, labour laws, employee disputes, franchisee disputes, leave and license disputes etc.
Our clientele in the disputes space range from multinational transport companies to B2C operators and shipping companies.